What do we need?
There are a few things you’re going to need ahead of time to make this recipe:
- A good candy thermometer (I use this one… it’s cheap and it works great!)
- Cannabis tincture or decarboxylated cannabis concentrate (hash, CO2 extract, etc.)
- Backing Paper / or a parchment paper
- Silicone jar to store your candies
Combine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat:
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Organic Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Filtered Water
Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
Once boiling, insert a candy thermometer. Don’t stir after your magic concoction starts to boil.
It’s all in the mold. You can use your gummy bear molds from making Cannabis Gummies, or you can find molds specifically for hard candy making here. I prefer working with silicon since it’s reusable and it’s easy to remove your candy from silicon molds, but player’s choice!
When your thermometer reads 300 • Fahrenheit, immediately remove from heat. Keep your thermometer in the pot.
When the temperature drops to 250• Fahrenheit, stir in:
- Organic Orange or – Lemon Flavor
- Cannabis Tincture
Carefully smooth out the shape on the parchment paper
Allow to cool completely at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
Break the hard shape into bite sized pieces of candy
Store it in an airtight container.