What do we need?
- 1 cup of ground cannabis flower (7-10 grams)
- 1 cup of coconut oil
There are many different types of coconut oil on the market today, the two most common being unrefined coconut oil & refined coconut oil. We use unrefined coconut oil.
Instead of flowers we use our Rosin-Press leftovers 😊
If you are trying it for the first time, please stick more to 7g everybody reacts differently to THC in edibles. Approach your amount slowly and carefully.
- Melt the coconut fat in a double-boiler, slow cooker, or saucepan
- Decarboxylate your flowers if you want. (If you don’t decarb first, I recommend infusing the coconut oil for longer than the typical 4 hours, going for at least 8 hours.)
- Combine oil and cannabis in your double-boiler, slow cooker, or saucepan and heat the two together on low or warm for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Once you’ve got an infusion of coconut oil, the uses are endless!
- Combine your infused coconut oil with beeswax and aloe to make your own an infused cannabis topical
- Use your coconut oil in place of oil in a recipe of your choice to make a variety of infused dishes (try Herb Roasted Potatoes!)
- Infused coconut oil can easily be used as a lubricant in the bedroom (But be safe! Coconut oil may weaken condoms)
- Put your infused coconut oil into capsules for easy measurable dosing
- Make an infused cannabis tea latte